Tuesday 17 January 2017

When you just have to embrace the gloom..

Ive had a bad day - to most people it would not seem that bad, but within my tiny world it is and suffice it to say that this has affected my mood, exercise programme and eating habits... *pushes the empty bag of chocolate away*

I find that when things get you down it is really hard to motivate yourself to be better. Sometimes we want to wallow in the melancholy no matter how petty or detrimental to ourselves this is. I am here to admit that due to being disappointed last night not only did I have a massive hot chocolate but I also ate a bag of McVities digestive nibbles (they are so good but not worth it really). I didn't go to my favourite exercise class and even this morning couldn't bring myself to do yoga. I allowed myself to be my own road block and this is the perfect example of when we are our own worse enemy.

Although you might feel the need to accept / embrace the gloom it is only hurting yourself - after some serious words (with myself) I have been able to push through... only a little bit but the understanding that I am just going to make myself feel worse not only immediately but in the long run, when I notice those 3 pounds I lost are back again gave me a kick to force myself to look on the brightside and ensure that I get back on track as soon as possible.

If you have had a bad day please don't let it affect your long term goals...

Lotsa Luv,

Vikki  xx

(VGB) 

No comments:

Post a Comment